- Gathered information about our Signature Style preferences.
- Identified what Signature Women's styles appeal to us
- Incorporated our passions into our Signature Style
- Gone on a shopping safari to inspire us
- Cleaned out our closets
- and Learned to Accessorize
Now, there are a few different ways of doing this. Now that your closet has been edited down to items that you love, you could just choose to pick your outfits each morning based on your mood for the day. There shouldn't be any wrong choices! However, if you (like me) prefer to get those extra few minutes of sleep in the morning, I recommend planning your outfit at least a day in advance. Here are a few things to consider when putting your look together.
- Pick a top and a bottom or a dress - I tend to lean towards dresses because I think they are the easiest thing in the world to wear! However, if you plan to go with a top and pants or a skirt, that works too. Just make sure you are considering the colors and textures as you plan your outfit. Are you doing a print? Will you be wearing a bold color (in which case you may want to tone down your accessories or choose items from the same color family or a complementing color family. For great tips on color theories, head on over to Charlotte's blog at Tuppence Ha'Penny. She did some wonderful blog posts on it. Begin with the introduction and work your way through the series!)
- Select a layering piece - This could be a sweater, cardigan, jacket, scarf, wrap, or even your coat! It adds some visual interest and color to your outfit.
- Consider your accessories - Shoes, handbags, brooch, hair accessories, hats, jewelry, gloves. Make sure they add visual interest to your outfit, but do not distract. You want to make sure YOU are the focal point of your outfit!
- Finally, be sure to plan your hair and make up to suit your outfit. Whether you are going for a retro look or a modern one, paying attention to the little details like a hairstyle that suits your look or the right color lipstick will add polish to your Signature Style!
Above all, have FUN! If you'd like to share your signature look, please feel free to post a photo on the ConstantlyAlice facebook page :) I'd love to see your style.
Hugs and Smooches,