Friday, January 13, 2012

The Signature Style Project - Signature Women

I have to confess..this may end up being my favorite post of the Signature Style series.  I SO admire the style of the women who have come before me!

I believe signature style falls into two categories.  The first category encompasses a signature "look".  A little black dress, a trademark accessory, a specific color, a unique hairstyle.  The second category includes women who don't have a specific trademark item, but who have an overall feel to their wardrobe.  Bombshell, boho, flirty, quirky, retro.

I'll show you what I mean..

These women embody a signature "look" for me:
Source
AUDREY HEPBURN - Pixie bangs, heavy brows, cigarette pants and winged eyeliner

Source
JACKIE KENNEDY - Hair flip, Pillbox hat, Tailored suits and gloves

Source
GOLDIE HAWN - ..those bangs ;)

..and the following evoke a certain style "feeling" that is unique to them:

Source
MARILYN MONROE - Bombshell

Source
STEVIE NICKS - Boho Romantic

Source
TWIGGY - Ethereal, Whimsical

If you have an affinity for the style of one of the women listed above (or another style icon), take the time to examine what it is about their style that appeals to you so you can make it your own!

What category do you fall into?  Are you a signature "look" gal, or are you more of a signature "feel" kinda girl?

Hugs and Smooches,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...