Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Amigos - 1949





























Every year, from the time I was about 8yrs old, I have gone on "Girl's Vacation" with my Mum.  When we began, it was her and I, my Gram and my Great Aunt Madeleine.  Over the years, it has also grown to occasionally include an aunt or two, my best friend, and now my two daughters, who are 8 and 13.

We typically pick a New England town, though we have also visited Prince Edward Island a few times, and we get away for 4 days in August.  It's a wonderful time for the different generations of women in our family to spend time together and learn from each other.

This year, my Great Aunt Madeleine gave my Mom this fantastic picture of her and my Gram with their "girls group" circa 1949.  It was called "The Amigos" and this was their Christmas Party.  Does it get any cuter than that??

It's a tradition that has certainly helped to define who I am, and I plan to continue with my girls as they get older.

Hugs and Smooches,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...