- Mascara that actually DOES make it look like I'm wearing false lashes (you know, as opposed to the ads where they put false lashes on the model..)
- The perfect, long wearing red lipstick
- A tinted moisturizer or foundation that actually matches my paper white skin tone
The products are as follows:
- Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick in Ravishing Rouge
- Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio in Tough as Taupe
- Maybelline Master Precise by Eyestudio Ink Pen Liner in Black
- Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extension Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
So, lets start with what I LOVE. The lipstick is perfection. It's the holy grail of long lasting lipsticks. It goes on smoothly, is true to the color on the package, doesn't have the usual problem of drying your lips out that most long lasting lipsticks have AND it lasted through lunch! It also had a faint grape-ish smell (which I loved). I plan on picking up a few other colors for the 30 Day Hair and Makeup Challenge.
The eyeliner was another big hit with me. One of my pet peeves about felt tip liners is that they always run out of liner about half way across your lid and you have to go back and re-line. Not this liner! It managed well and has a great, really fine tip so you can master a winged liner or a cats eye.
The mascara was good, but not up to my false lash standards. It gave some length to my lashes (after two coats) but didn't add much in the volume department. I will probably layer it over a thickening mascara.
Finally, the eyeshadow. With a name like "Color Tattoo" I anticipated a really saturated color and a long lasting hold. Sadly, this did not deliver. It was creamy, went on well (It doesn't come with an applicator, I used a shadow brush) and the color was a pretty neutral, but in order to really see it, I had to put on two layers. After a few hours, it had started migrating into the crease of my eye and I ended up wiping most of it off.
All in all, though, a successful addition to my make up arsenal, and a few products I definitely will stock up on in the future!
Hugs and Smooches,