Thursday, January 13, 2011

Think Spring!

In an effort to tackle some of the goals for the new year that I mentioned in my previous blog post, I will be using the long weekend to my best advantage by working on some of the spring dress projects I have lined up.

Here are some of my ideas:

I plan to use this Vogue pattern and this fabric.  The best part about the fabric is that it's double sided, one is a matte finish and the other is a shiny satin.  I'll be doing the bulk of the dress in the matte, but the front panel that wraps the waist and goes to the hemline will be in the shiny fabric to add a little visual interest.
Crepe back satin - Joann Fabric


Vintage Vogue - V2354
 My other two projects are fun casual dresses.  I found this Butterick pattern and it just begged to be made into something kitchy, so I'm using the coffee cup print below.  I also would like to make it out of the vintage sewing fabric, but I only have two yards and the pattern calls for 3 7/8.  I may order the additional two yards online, or I may make a craft apron out of the 2 yds I have to hold all my sewing accoutrements so I don't have to go searching under yards of fabric for them while I'm creating :)


Butterick B5315

Debbie Mumm - Just Java Java - Joann Fabric

Vintage Sewing - Joann Fabric

I have a bunch of knitting projects in the works as well.  A vintage bonnet style hood that ties under the chin with a big satin bow, a bag I'm knitting from a pattern out of a knitting magazine published in 1956 that I found at a thrift store and a cardigan.  I'll post pictures and pattern information from those in a separate post.

Wish me luck!
XO,
Me

3 comments:

  1. These look like fantastic projects. Would really love the see that Vintage Vogue dress and the knitted bonnet/hood. I know you posted this a while ago, but let me encourage you - if you still haven't made them don't despair - life happens! I have some projects in mind for a while and haven't done much with them . . . yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess to being one of those people who has 20 projects at different stages of completion all going at once ;) The first dress just needs buttons and a hem and I'm considering doing a sew along here on the blog as motivation to complete the vogue one! I'm glad fall us coming, it gives me more time to work on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so excited to see the finished dress! And a sew-along is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...