I've discovered a number of things with this little venture:
- I knit faster in my mind than my fingers can keep up. Like most things I create, I have a vision already completed in my head and the actual process of "doing" loses it's magic.
- I grow attached to things I spend this much time with...which is why I don't typically generate things to sell.
- As I repetitively cut and sew the same scarf in duplicate (although with different fabric), I stare longingly at the other projects that have been tossed to the wayside for the time being...like the fabulous vintage housecoat pattern and soft pink polka dot flannel that has been calling my name.
I have a number of solutions:
- Quit working and sew/knit full time. (The Man loves this suggestion.)
- Hire elves
- Embrace my inner Grinch/Scrooge and say "Bah Humbug!" to gift making
- Purchase gifts and keep the scarves for myself (which may happen in some instances as the holiday approaches and my panicked scarf making increases..good thing I'm an insomniac or I wouldn't have anything done!)
|The Grinch - cartoongallery.com|