Friday, December 10, 2010

Fabulous Friday Favorites - The Scarlet Letter


The inspiration for todays Fabulous Friday Favorite is The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, which I recently re-read.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, The Scarlet Letter is set in 17th century Boston and tells the story of Hester Pryne who is carrying a child from an adulterous affair.  (Although, to be fair to my gal Hester, everyone believed her husband to be lost at sea.)  She refuses to reveal the name of her lover, and the public shaming ensues, complete with a giant scarlet "A" for adulteress on the front of her dress.

While I love Hester and her quietly dignified way of handling the situation, I have to admit that if my community got together and decided to brand me with a scarlet letter, I would slap on some matching lipstick and a swagger and rock that baby for all it was worth..("What, this?  It's an A for Awesome..I notice you don't have one...")

XO,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...