Thursday, July 19, 2012

Outfit Post - Hearts Ease



























I have a dear family friend that owns a florist and gift shop in the next town over from mine.  (Her son took me to my 8th grade graduation dance ;-)

She has a passion for antiques, particularly from the 1800's, and she has unearthed some amazing treasures, including this beautiful vintage tortoiseshell comb that she gave me as a gift.



I stop by her shop often to buy little treasures, see what new items she's unearthed and to ask her advice on things like cleaning vintage garments, or figuring out the genesis of an item.

The little felted brooch is something she made as well.  In the 1800's, it was referred to as "hearts ease".  I just love that name and it's implications.  It always makes me smile when I wear it :)

Hugs and Smooches,
D


4 comments:

  1. Heartsease is one of my favourite flowers. I once had a little clump that grew like a weed and it has been popping up in the garden all over the place. You look so cute here with your hair flower! And that comb really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too, its such a sweet little flower :)

      Delete
  2. Now that I know your age, I cannot get over how young you look in every picture. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...