Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Movie Review - Moonrise Kingdom

Saturday evening, I went to see Moonrise Kingdom with my best pal.  I had already decided I was going to love it before I even saw it because I fell in love with the preview and the images from the movie.  Fortunately, I was not disappointed :)

credit


The story is set in the 60's off the coast of New England (always a favorite setting for me, since I AM a New Englander ;-).  It tells the tale of Sam and Suzy, two quirky twelve year olds who meet, fall in love and make a pact to run away together into the wilderness (handily enough, Sam is a Khaki Scout.)

credit


Some of my favorite parts of the movie:

credit

  • The narrator was a dyed in the wool New Englander.  I laughed everytime he came on the screen just because he was so perfect.
  • Ed Norton as the camp counselor = Perfection
  • The costumes, of course :)
  • Suzy packed a suitcase of books and a record player to run away with.  A girl after my own heart <3
  • The supporting cast (including Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis and Tilda Swinton) was just fantastic.
credit

All in all, it was humorous in a quirky, fun sort of way (as you would expect from Wes Anderson) and visually gorgeous to watch.  I highly recommend it!

credit


Hugs and Smooches,
D

2 comments:

  1. Nice write-up Alice. Wes Anderson seems like he really brought his A-game to this story and it shows. Everything here just looks beautiful and works out perfectly that it easily has to on my list for best of the year so far. Hopefully Anderson can keep this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan :) I agree, definitely on my list of bests for the year. I love a movie with a little whimsy ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...