The story is set in the 60's off the coast of New England (always a favorite setting for me, since I AM a New Englander ;-). It tells the tale of Sam and Suzy, two quirky twelve year olds who meet, fall in love and make a pact to run away together into the wilderness (handily enough, Sam is a Khaki Scout.)
Some of my favorite parts of the movie:
- The narrator was a dyed in the wool New Englander. I laughed everytime he came on the screen just because he was so perfect.
- Ed Norton as the camp counselor = Perfection
- The costumes, of course :)
- Suzy packed a suitcase of books and a record player to run away with. A girl after my own heart <3
- The supporting cast (including Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis and Tilda Swinton) was just fantastic.
All in all, it was humorous in a quirky, fun sort of way (as you would expect from Wes Anderson) and visually gorgeous to watch. I highly recommend it!
Hugs and Smooches,