Monday, June 25, 2012

First Love

I'm passionate about vintage.  I love the stories behind the garments.  I love that it's unique.  I love that it allows me to dress each day to suit my mood.  However, it is not my first love..

The Gatsby Necklace


My first love has always been creating.  It doesn't matter if it's sewing a new dress, painting, knitting, or writing.  So long as it goes directly from my imagination and comes straight to life in my hands.

For a long time, while my children were young, I considered it an indulgence.  I forgot how happy it made me just to putter around with a paint brush in my hand, or to be able to whip up a new top when I got tired of my old ones.
The Moulin Rouge Necklace


Recently, I've had the pleasure of being able to rediscover that happiness, and to share it with my girls.  I've started making things using my old skills, sewing dresses or sketching, and I've begun learning new skills, like creating jewelry out of mixed media.

The Birds of a Feather Necklace

And I am oh so happy.  When I'm making something, I sometimes catch myself humming a cheerful tune under my breath, or smiling to myself.  I can't wait to share some of my new items with you all in my shop.  I hope they make you smile too :)

Hugs and Smooches,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...