Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wardrobe Inspirations

October is my favorite time of year.  I love the weather, the beautiful foliage, comfort foods, Halloween and, most of all, fall clothing!

I try to get a jump on my fall wardrobe each year, but I never seem to pull it together until the chill in the air reminds me that it's time.  So, over the long Columbus Day weekend, I considered a few things that I'd like to tweek, a few additions I'd like to make, and what's inspiring me this year.

Thanks to the wonders of Netflix, I have recently become addicted to the Ghost Whisperer.  Jennifer Love Hewitt's character Melinda Gordon has some ADORABLE outfits on this show (and she owns a super cute antique shop called "Same as it Never Was").  Her clothing has a romantic, vintage appeal to it.  It's very feminine and sweet.  Some items of her wardrobe I'm in love with;  Coats with princess lines, sheer ruffled blouses, romantic dresses.
Melinda Gordon



I also love tights of all sorts in the cooler weather.  They add a little fun and, since I'm not much of a pants girl, keep my legs warm and toasty!

Grey Peacock Feather Tights
Modcloth

Post on Etsy
Splendora
(Incidentally, I could never bring myself to spend $225 on a pair of tights, but the last ones are just too gorgeous and a girl can dream ;)
I also like to find inspiration in some of my favorite things.  This fall, I'm loosely basing some of my wardrobe choices on peacocks (my favorite bird), poppies (my favorite flower), and the textures of velvet and fur.
Poppies

Peacock

Peacock by constantlyalice featuring butter shoes

What are some of your wardrobe inspirations for the fall?

Hugs and Smooches,
D

1 comment:

  1. Great eye candy in this post. I am especially loving your collection of red images - that coat oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...