Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Style It - The Buckle Dress

I've decided I'd like to start a regular blog post that takes an item of vintage clothing and shows different ways of styling it.  What do you think?

There are several great reasons to wear vintage, but if I had to pick my favorites, they would be the versatility of vintage items and their uniqueness.  However, I've found that some people shy away from vintage clothing because they are afraid of looking dated or costumey.

Whether you style the item in a manner consistent with it's time period, or make it current is up to your taste and style preferences, but either way, it's easy to look fantastic in your one of a kind garment!

Here are two ways of styling the 1970's buckle dress I currently have in my shop. 

The first version has a 70's feel without going too over the top.  (I would suggest skipping the feathered hair and frosted lipstick if you want to avoid looking like an extra on "That 70's Show" ;)  Loose layered waves and natural makeup would be a great compliment to this look.
Seventies






Chloé high heels
£795 - harveynichols.com

Big buddha handbag
$110 - nordstrom.com

Chloé leather sunglasses
$379 - mytheresa.com



The second look is perfect for the office or lunch with the girls. I would suggest styling it with a low chignon and pretty feminine make up.  (Love how the little horseshoe charm gives it a bit of an equestrian touch!)
Office Equestrian







Bracelet
$7.99 - papayaclothing.com



I hope that was helpful and informative! Be sure to weigh in and let me know if you'd like to see more "Style It" posts in the future.

Hugs and Smooches,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...