Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - The Roaring 20's Version

I am anxiously anticipating the release of the new Great Gatsby movie this winter (how 'bout you?!)  I already have plans to go see it with my best friend as soon as it comes out!

Credit


I love F. Scott Fitzgerald, and have a long time fascination for his wife, Zelda, so can't wait to see this interpretation of the book!

Of course, like anything I find myself drawn to, it has suddenly bled over into my preferences for other things..A few of my outfits have taken on a decidedly "20's" feel, I'm making some new cloche hats (I've downloaded some neat knitting/felting patterns on Ravelry), some of the jewelry I've made recently has a flapper quality to it..like this piece:
So, without further ado, here are a few of my favorite "20's" pieces!

1920's Temporary Tattoo - Flapperdoodle
How adorable is this temporary tattoo from Flapperdoodle??  She also has some sweet prints and cards!

1920's Cloche Hat Pattern
This pattern from D.L. Designs Hat Patterns is stunning.  I may have to try my hand at making this one for the fall..

It's Hip to be a Square Felted Hat Pattern
Fabulous felted hat project idea from Ravelry!

Vintage 1920s Sheer Navy Blue Silk Chiffon Dress Jazz Age Elegance Size Medium Large

I LOVE a drop waist dress (even though I have to keep the length relatively short because I'm so short myself!)  This one from FancyMeetingYouHere is lovely.

1967 Low Waist Mini Dress Simplicity Pattern
There are actually a good number of really cute 1960's drop waist dress patterns that could be made up and styled to look like the 1920's as well.  This one from pienzacal is perfect :)

(In fact..I may have to buy it and try it myself ;)

Hugs and Smooches,
D

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hats! I wish I could make one. I also am highly anticipating this film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the crochet pattern for the felted one yesterday :) I'm almost half way done! It's a really easy to use pattern. I'll share the finished product when it's done :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...