Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Pin up Plan -The Art of Seduction

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene has been in my literary arsenal for some time now.  One of my many "phases" involved a fascination with courtesans..which led me to this book and also a love of burlesque.
Art of Seduction - Robert Greene


I am a big fan of empowered women, and I think that courtesans and burlesque performers get a bad rep.  In reality, courtesans had far more freedom, education and power than their married couterparts, and burlesque (in my opinion) takes a certain level of comfort in your skin and self confidence.  (Not to gloss over the fact that there was indeed some ugliness in these professions as well..but I prefer to focus on the positives ;)
Veronica Franco, Courtesan Extraordinaire (The movie Dangerous Beauty was about her.)
Dita Von Teese, Burlesque performer and vintage darling


But I digress.  I had considered doing just a book review of The Art of Seduction for the Pin up Plan, but then it struck me that the different seductive characters addressed in this book can correlate to your pin up style.

For the purpose of this blog, I will only address the female seduction styles as follows:
  • The Siren
  • The Ideal
  • The Natural
  • The Coquette
  • The Charmer
  • The Charismatic
  • The Star
  • The Anti-Seducer
My intention is to relate each style to a pin up (past or present) and/or historical figure, to break it down as it relates to style preferences and to give examples of how you can use it to enhance your personal style.

..and before you think I'm advocating that you go out and seduce the world (though I'm certainly not opposed to that ;) I think this book can be read many ways.  It's not only a tool for "seduction", but insight into how you interact with others, what your strengths are and how you can use them to communicate to your best advantage.  After all, successful communication is flirting at it's best ;)

Hugs and Smooches,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...