Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pin up Plan Challenges


Size 2/4 me with assorted adorable cousins and BFF's  (It probably bears mentioning that the year was 1996 and I was 21..)
2012 - Size 8/10 me.
This post began it's life as a whine-fest about how disappointed I was to not be in a smaller dress size for my trip to Disney.  (Not that this should come as a surprise.  I don't like to be uncomfortable.  I DO like food.  Kind of wrecks havoc on any diet and exercise plan ;)

Then, as I worked my way through "I just want to feel better", "I miss my dancer's body" and "I need to find the motivation to change" something started to dawn on me.  I don't really mean most of these things.  They're just the things you say.

I pride myself on being pretty comfortable in my skin and the truth is, I like the way I look now better than I ever have.  I'm not afraid to take risks, I've settled into a style that's all my own and I have a certain quirky "me-ness" that I wouldn't give up for any amount of weight loss.

That's not to say I want to stagnate.  I'd like to have more energy, and just like I change my hairstyle/color to suit my personality, I'd like my outsides to fit the aesthetic I have of myself in my mind.  Slightly healthier, just as curvy, (an inch or two taller would be nice...but I suppose we can't have it all ;)

So instead of subjecting you all to a blog post riddled with "I wish" and "I hope", I will tell you I have downloaded several healthy cookbooks to my Kindle, along with some neat yoga, running and dance books (and maybe a self improvement book..or a hundred.  I can't help it, they're my guilty pleasure!) and that I plan to continue down this road of building a better Danielle while loving the Danielle I've got :-)

Hugs and Smooches,
D

3 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you will hear, there are many of us who are trying to get back to a size 8, but I love your attitude. It is what I tell most people when they have put on a few lbs. It doesn't matter what size you are it matters how you wear it. What makes the old pin ups beautiful is not their size but their confidence and the idea that they look like they trully think they are beautiful. it is like the old song goes. Do not read fashion magazines, they will only make you feel ugly. Keep on being the best you you can be, you are going a great job at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a great post! I was obsessed with my weight for years and it is so refreshing to hear of someone else who has settled into their own skin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. It's good to know I'm in such excellent company. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...