This post will address some of the modifications I've made to the pattern. I promised this duster coat to my Mum as a spring coat (she's the only human I know tiny enough to fit her arms into the wee little sleeves!). She claims to be about an inch taller than me (about 5' nothing ;) so I decided to crop the length of the duster coat to about knee length.
Some additional modifications:
- I created a facing piece for the jacket so that I could line it.
- I'm using velvet ribbon instead of bias tape for the trim, and the part where the trim curves on the collar was cut to fit from a piece of the brown satin lining (for some texture contrast)
- I am also debating doing a belt detail at the back waist to draw in some of the fullness of the coat. That will have to wait till I can try it on my model so I can see what the fit looks like.
|Riddle is supervising the pattern cutting..|
I'm progressing pretty well so far. I have my pattern pieces cut, the outer part of the jacket has been basted and just needs to be tried on my Mom for fit. Once the adjustments have been made, I will add the lining and do another post!
Hugs and Smooches,