Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Style It - The Lock and Key Heart Necklace

I recently decided to add a new line of necklaces designed and created by myself to the ConstantlyAlice shop...of course I can't take all the credit.  My inspiration came from my big brother, Len.  Len is brilliant, sometimes funny (usually unintentionally..he loves a corny joke ;) and a great uncle to my two girls.  He also happens to have Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism.

There is a common misconception that Aspergians don't have feelings or intense emotions.  If you've ever seen my brother teaching his nieces something about sharks, or sharing a new book or movie with them, you would understand that this is simply not the case.  He feels just as much, if not more, than anyone else I know..he just has a harder time expressing it or verbalizing.  Which is where the idea for the "Unlocked" series came from.  Each necklace will showcase an emotion, a feeling, a whimsical concept that features a lock and a key.  A representation both of "locked up emotions" and the potential to set them free.  10% of the proceeds from this series will go to the Autism Society.

Featured in todays Style It is the "Love" version of the necklace.  The first option shows a playful, light outfit and the second a more edgy, dramatic style.

Unlocked - Whimsy


Unlocked - Dramatic

Unlocked - Dramatic by constantlyalice


Hugs and Smooches,
D

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little post about your brother. I also love the way you styled your necklaces! Super clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read every one of them and they make my day :) Please do not post as anonymous (sadly, I have had issues with spammers lately :( Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...